Skip to main content

Disney 2015 - Day 1

We just came back from the most amazing time in Disney World! You may remember, our first family trip to Disney was in 2012 when the twins were 3 and Connor was 5. Now at 6, 6, and 8, we were able to make new memories with a different set of grandparents!

Side note: My dad learned on this trip that Walt Disney's vision for Disney World is that everyone should visit there only three times in their lives: as a child, as a parent, and as a grandparent.  We are blessed that our children have had the chance to visit Disney with both sets of grandparents! I remember going when I was in 2nd grade with my maternal grandparents. :)

Day One was basically a travel day.  We had to get up before dawn in Chicago, where the temperature was NEGATIVE 15.  We arrived in Orlando where there was some sun and it was 75 degrees warmer.  Windy, but seriously, you could go outside without turning into a popsicle.  It was my niece and nephew's first time on a plane, but all went well.  

The Disney Magical Express picked us up at the airport and we were brought to our hotel: Port Orleans French Quarter. Like I'd stay anywhere else. ;)  The lobby was great, with a beautiful fountain. And through the glass doors to the resort was the pool!

The main courtyard

We found our rooms, dumped the luggage, 
and headed to the quick service restaurant to eat.






After eating an early supper, 
we walked down to the dock to catch the boat to Downtown Disney. 




We checked out some shops, 
especially all the Elsa and Anna merchandise, 
then got a yummy snack.
 (It's really hard to get five kids to be photogenic at the same time.)







After ice cream, we were too cold to take the boat back, 
so we went to the bus stop and rode home.
It was an early bedtime so we could be ready 
to head to Hollywood Studios in the morning!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review...and a Giveaway!!!

I was lucky enough to win an ARC of When the Rogue Returns  from Sabrina Jeffries herself! I couldn't wait to read it.  After reading the first book in The Duke's Men series, What the Duke Desires , I was excited to see that this next book was about Victor Cale. In  When the Rogue Returns , Victor Cale is headed to Scotland to investigate a woman, Sofie Franke.  He has his suspicions that this woman is actually Isabella, his wife who disappeared on him ten years before.  He has spent the last decade searching to bring her to justice after she stole the royal jewels and left him to behind to deal with the authorities.  Isabella Cale, now known as Sofie Franke, has built a new life for herself and her ten-year old daughter after her husband ran off with the royal jewels. Are you intrigued yet? Victor and Isa's first meeting was great! Both blame the other for the missing jewels, and both are greatly suspicious of the other's motives.  Despite their renewed feel

Enjoy the little things...

The music filled my head as I drove my car along the winding river road on that dark and snowy night.  I had just left my grandpa's wake and was headed home... alone.....  My husband had the stomach flu, we had moved into our new house the day before my grandpa passed, and I was 5 1/2 months pregnant.  The baby boy inside me kicked along with the song, as I cried and listened to the words. Mama told me when I was young Come sit beside me, my only son And listen closely to what I say. And if you do this It will help you some sunny day. Take your time... Don't live too fast, Troubles will come and they will pass. Go find a woman and you'll find love, And don't forget son, There is someone up above. I've always found comfort in songs... the words of the artists resonating with me through even my darkest times. Lynyrd Skynyrd's Simple Man is one of those songs that just happens to play on the radio at the precise moment that I need a remind

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

The countdown to Hallowe'en begins! Please note this is not the actual number of days until Hallowe'en. The picture was taken two days ago. The house is totally decorated, although I still could use a few more things ;) One of the cool new decorations I bought this year are these Halloween Pumpkin Wall Decals from Kohls.  I love them!  My structured, OCD self feels the mantle is too cluttered, but the spooky side of me just doesn't care. ;) How do you decorate for Hallowe'en?