Skip to main content

You know you are a working mom when.....

Before I start playing along with Julia at Work, Wife, Mom...Life, I thought I'd mention Colin.

RSV in March +  reactive airway disease in July = wheezing and 48 breaths a minute in September. 

Monday night found us in Urgent Care, having his O2 levels (it was 95) and his breathing (wheezing) checked.  We came home with albuterol, steroids, and an antibiotic.  But the most important thing: we got to come home! Rather than spend another night in the hospital, like we did the past two times he had respiratory issues. I am very thankful to all my facebook and twins club friends who prayed for us. (Also, in an attempt to be overly prepared, I actually packed a bag for the hospital should it come to that.  That might have helped too.)

Ok, so over at Working Mommy Wednesday, we've got two prompts:

1. You know you're a working mom when....

2. A time you said something inappropriate (a bad joke, a snarky remark, a comment to your boss, etc.)

I went with the first one:
 
You know you're a working mom when...
  • You get to work and pull your nice boots out of your bag.  You find 3 crayons, 2 race cars, and some cherrios stuffed inside.
  • You are almost to work when you realize that the whole time, the Wiggles CD has been playing and the children are at daycare.
  • You go to work with a Mickey Mouse bandaid on your finger.
  • Halfway through the day, you look in the mirror, and realize you have oatmeal on your shirt.
  • Included on the list of important numbers on your bulletin board are the pediatrician and daycare.
  • You are very grateful that your husband takes the kids to daycare/school in the morning, because that means you actually get to be alone in your house for about 30 minutes.
  • You go to work when you are sick because you need the rest.





Comments

kt moxie said…
We love the Wiggles! And yes, I've caught myself listening to them with no kids in the car...
Angie said…
I found you at the WMN and loved reading your blog. I just joined today so my linked up post is a little bit different (it's an old one that I wrote a few weeks ago about being a mom in general).
Anyway, I was still able to relate to some of what you said and found your blog to be quite enjoyable.
Susan DiMickele said…
I am so with you! Can't tell you the times when I've worked being sick. (And, when my kids are home I can't be sick at home anyway.)

BTW - thanks for sharing about Collin. Will be praying.
Susan DiMickele said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julia Ladewski said…
"You go to work when you're sick b/c you need the rest".... exactly!
and i've totally caught myself listening to my kids' music when they aren't in the car!!
Betsy said…
I have pulled all sorts of crazy things out of my boots and my purse. Once at an interview, I reached into my purse for a pen and pulled out an apple, a rubber duck and a toy car!
Natalie said…
I did a You Know You're a Mom When... one time that I was in the car by myself for almost an hour before I realized I had been singing along with Barney the entire time!! I can relate!
Jennie said…
I love the Mickey Mouse band-aid one...lol. Guilty! These are all great. I'm glad the hospital bag worked as a preventative measure! And here's hoping he's back to 100% in a jiffy!

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review...and a Giveaway!!!

I was lucky enough to win an ARC of When the Rogue Returns  from Sabrina Jeffries herself! I couldn't wait to read it.  After reading the first book in The Duke's Men series, What the Duke Desires , I was excited to see that this next book was about Victor Cale. In  When the Rogue Returns , Victor Cale is headed to Scotland to investigate a woman, Sofie Franke.  He has his suspicions that this woman is actually Isabella, his wife who disappeared on him ten years before.  He has spent the last decade searching to bring her to justice after she stole the royal jewels and left him to behind to deal with the authorities.  Isabella Cale, now known as Sofie Franke, has built a new life for herself and her ten-year old daughter after her husband ran off with the royal jewels. Are you intrigued yet? Victor and Isa's first meeting was great! Both blame the other for the missing jewels, and both are greatly suspicious of the other's motives.  Despite their renewed feel

Enjoy the little things...

The music filled my head as I drove my car along the winding river road on that dark and snowy night.  I had just left my grandpa's wake and was headed home... alone.....  My husband had the stomach flu, we had moved into our new house the day before my grandpa passed, and I was 5 1/2 months pregnant.  The baby boy inside me kicked along with the song, as I cried and listened to the words. Mama told me when I was young Come sit beside me, my only son And listen closely to what I say. And if you do this It will help you some sunny day. Take your time... Don't live too fast, Troubles will come and they will pass. Go find a woman and you'll find love, And don't forget son, There is someone up above. I've always found comfort in songs... the words of the artists resonating with me through even my darkest times. Lynyrd Skynyrd's Simple Man is one of those songs that just happens to play on the radio at the precise moment that I need a remind

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

The countdown to Hallowe'en begins! Please note this is not the actual number of days until Hallowe'en. The picture was taken two days ago. The house is totally decorated, although I still could use a few more things ;) One of the cool new decorations I bought this year are these Halloween Pumpkin Wall Decals from Kohls.  I love them!  My structured, OCD self feels the mantle is too cluttered, but the spooky side of me just doesn't care. ;) How do you decorate for Hallowe'en?