Skip to main content

Mob Action

I don't know what it is about my kids, but put the 3 of them together, and all hell breaks loose! And most of the time, it's all 3 of them at once. 

Case in point - Keith was gone by the time we got up yesterday to participate in a local triathlon.  Keira woke up crying for me.  She would only allow me to carry her downstairs alone, which meant Colin was annoyed at being left behind (because Keira literally plastered herself to the front of my body so I couldn't pick Colin up).  Connor kept going on about going downstairs to watch tv and have some milk.  This is his morning ritual - Mickey Mouse and milk - and whoever tries to mess with it be damned!  Anyway, no one was going anywhere until diapers were changed.  One diaper changed, one diaper - wait, where did she go? Keira took off.  Then Colin decided he was "un-gee" and had to eat breakfast immediately.  But Keira was still pants-less and Connor was still whining for his "t.b. and milk".  It was only 6:55 a.m.

Add this to the fact that I finally was able to hit "START" on the coffeemaker, make my iced coffee, take a couple of sips, clean the kitchen floor where someone had to dump their cereal, clean the table where some oneS had to dump their cereal, clean two twins with rice krispies in their hair, dump the rest of the coffee pot down the drain... WAIT, what the hell is that?  A shiveled up cooked spider in my coffee pot.  

Yes, this really is my life.

So now my coffee grosses me out.  I make a new batch, but it was a new kind and Keith had set the timer for me previously, so I didn't know how much to add, plus I was still so grossed out at my spider-coffee, that the rest of the morning was ruined.  We had attempted to go to the triathlon, but someone wouldn't put his shorts back on after going potty, and someone else stole the box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch from the pantry while I went to change out of my pajamas...  and now it's only 9 a.m.

Needless to say, I've blocked out the rest of yesterday.  Had to, to keep my sanity. ;)


Annie said…
I really understand you.
Unknown said…
Super mom. That's your new name.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tree of Life

My name is Sarah, and it's been 11 months since my last post. I've thought about it, but life is constantly getting in the way. I even made a goal this year to write more, but it really hasn't happened yet.  Until today. I went on Facebook this morning to check if there were any updates about the accident I saw on the way to work. Instead, I saw an obituary for a woman I've never met. But I know who she is. She received a kidney transplant a few months before I received mine. And according to her FB page, she had a difficult time leading up to transplant, a tough recovery, lots of additional illnesses and setbacks, and long hospital stays. I, on the other hand, never had dialysis, was on the transplant list for an unbelievable 5 months (the wait list is normally 5 YEARS), had a 3-day hospital stay, and other than not tolerating pain medication (so I could only take Tylenol which did nothing for the pain), I've been on my merry, healthy way for over 3 years.

Book Review: Sweet Tea and Spirits

Book: Sweet Tea and Spirits Author: Angie Fox Verity Long and her ghostly sidekick, Frankie, are on track for another adventure! The book starts out with Verity receiving a mysterious call from the Sugarland Historical Society, stating there was a murder. But how can there be a murder when no body is found? She enlists Frankie's help to investigate, which leads to a humorous and engaging story! The book is well-written, like the others in this series.  I enjoy reading cozy-mysteries, especially those that focus on the paranormal.  The author does a great job of creating funny characters with depth.  I definitely recommend this series, and do feel that the reader should start at book one. *I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Two Years

I wanted to write a moving and inspirational post about celebrating my two-year post-transplant milestone. (I also wanted to post a nice family picture, where everyone was looking at the camera, the twins did not have to be separated because they were hitting each other, the shorter boy on the right was not squeezing his brother's stomach too tightly, and I did not have a glowing bulb of sunlight shining brightly on my lady parts, but well... you know... that's life.) Instead I will share one of my favorite pictures of this day. We had wanted to do an outdoor autumn photo shoot with my family (grandparents included). It was scheduled for the end of September in Chicago. So of course, I bought (matching) long-sleeved shirts for the boys, had a pretty (color-coordinating) sweater picked out for my girl, Keith was going to wear his grey pullover, and I lovingly pulled out my tights and boots for what I thought was going to be a cool and beautiful fall day. It was 88 degrees