Skip to main content

Things I always want to remember about my kids

Or, things I should write down in their baby books but I never have the time to pull the baby books out of their closets because I am too busy chasing after them…

Connor – 3 years, 9 months:
  • Connor sitting on my lap, after getting yelled at for hitting his sister, and asking me, “You happy Mommy?’
  • Laying in bed with him at bedtime and Connor asking me to say prayers.
  • Connor being so excited to help his Daddy make dinner. “I help Daddy make dinner tonight!”
  • Connor asking, “What I help you with mommy?”
  • When you ask Connor if he is a big boy, he will say, "No, I'm Connor."
  • He told me the other day he played in the gym at school with "all my friends."
  • I needed to keep him busy one afternoon, so I gave him a large poster board and some crayons.  When Keith got home, he proudly stated, "Look Daddy at my project!"

 Keira – 21 months

  •   When Keira sees a hair tie in my hair, she will pull on her hair and say “pretty”, letting me know she wants a barrette. (And then Colin pulls on his hair and wants one too!)
  • She has had a word explosion in the past few weeks. She seems to “talk” nonstop.
  • She also loves to march around the house singing some song that she made up.
  • She is the culprit who colored on my stove door while her father was making dinner.
  • I call her the “hoarder” because she is constantly collecting things and carrying them around. Yesterday it was a flashlight, an etch-a-sketch, and a Minnie Mouse pez dispenser.
  • She loves to dress herself. As I was putting away clothes, she stole a Dora shirt and one with Winnie the pooh. I turned around and she had three shirts on. The two that she put on herself were pushed down to her waist. Combined with just a diaper and Dora sandals, she was such a cutie pie walking around.
  • Keira, pushed Colin, then hit him in the head for some unknown reason. Then, because he was crying, she went and found his pacifier and gave it to him because he was crying.

Colin – 21 months

  •  Colin is obsessed with brushing his teeth and going potty. Whenever he see big brother going potty, or just when the mood hits him, he will make a fuss until you sit him on the toilet seat. Not that he actually goes. But he does act so proud of himself.
  • Standing on a bucket. And when the bucket is removed, he walked over and got a diaper box that was in the kitchen and used that instead.
  • Lying in bed with us last night because he was having some sort of fit every time he was put in his crib. He apparently just wanted to be near his mommy. He held onto my finger until he fell asleep.
  • The impish grin he gets when he knows he is being naughty.
  • He loves walking around the living room wearing one Mickey slipper and one brown croc, both of which belong to his big brother.
  • Stealing his brother’s Mickey Mouse shirt and trying to put it over his head.
  • Taking his diaper off, then bringing it to me to put it back on him.
  • Colin is my little monkey.  I have fears of what heights he may climb someday.  Like the kitchen counter.  Or the refridgerator.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review...and a Giveaway!!!

I was lucky enough to win an ARC of When the Rogue Returns  from Sabrina Jeffries herself! I couldn't wait to read it.  After reading the first book in The Duke's Men series, What the Duke Desires , I was excited to see that this next book was about Victor Cale. In  When the Rogue Returns , Victor Cale is headed to Scotland to investigate a woman, Sofie Franke.  He has his suspicions that this woman is actually Isabella, his wife who disappeared on him ten years before.  He has spent the last decade searching to bring her to justice after she stole the royal jewels and left him to behind to deal with the authorities.  Isabella Cale, now known as Sofie Franke, has built a new life for herself and her ten-year old daughter after her husband ran off with the royal jewels. Are you intrigued yet? Victor and Isa's first meeting was great! Both blame the other for the missing jewels, and both are greatly suspicious of the other's motives.  Despite their renewed feel

Enjoy the little things...

The music filled my head as I drove my car along the winding river road on that dark and snowy night.  I had just left my grandpa's wake and was headed home... alone.....  My husband had the stomach flu, we had moved into our new house the day before my grandpa passed, and I was 5 1/2 months pregnant.  The baby boy inside me kicked along with the song, as I cried and listened to the words. Mama told me when I was young Come sit beside me, my only son And listen closely to what I say. And if you do this It will help you some sunny day. Take your time... Don't live too fast, Troubles will come and they will pass. Go find a woman and you'll find love, And don't forget son, There is someone up above. I've always found comfort in songs... the words of the artists resonating with me through even my darkest times. Lynyrd Skynyrd's Simple Man is one of those songs that just happens to play on the radio at the precise moment that I need a remind

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

The countdown to Hallowe'en begins! Please note this is not the actual number of days until Hallowe'en. The picture was taken two days ago. The house is totally decorated, although I still could use a few more things ;) One of the cool new decorations I bought this year are these Halloween Pumpkin Wall Decals from Kohls.  I love them!  My structured, OCD self feels the mantle is too cluttered, but the spooky side of me just doesn't care. ;) How do you decorate for Hallowe'en?