Skip to main content

Connor and the quarter

I have tried my hardest to keep all coins away from Connor. First it's because I was afraid he would put one in his mouth. And now it is because I am afraid he will put one in a baby's mouth. (I am already spending way too much energy keeping things like throw rugs, paper, and toy cars out of their mouths.)

Anyway, yesterday at Gigi's house, Uncle Tommy wanted to get in on the egg hunt. Gigi (my grandma) had put little pieces of chocolate in some eggs and hid them in (quite obvious) places around her living room. Tom added two more - each with a quarter inside. Lexi got her quarter, but was more excited about the candy. Connor on the other hand, was VERY excited to see that dumb quarter and insisted on carrying it around with him all day. At least most of the time it could be in his pocket, but still he liked to pull it out and show it to people.

Fast forward to coming home last night. First, he dropped it into the seatbelt slot on his carseat on the drive home. Luckily, mommy's fingers were thin enough to jam her hand in there to get it out because he needed it right away. He then had to carry it around all night. The babies were in their rockers, he had it in his hand and was next to the couch, and I went upstairs for just a minute. I came back down and the quarter was gone. The babies were still playing happily and weren't coughing or sputtering, so I knew they were okay. I asked Connor where the quarter went. He told me he didn't know. He kept asking me, "where quarter go? mommy, where go? it gone."

Afraid that it might have rolled somewhere that later a chubby little hand would find it, I crawled around on the floor, lifting up the playmats and the couch cushions, even sticking my hand under the couch (where I did find a ball, a train track, and a teddy graham). I keep asking him what he did with it. He keeps looking under things and saying, "no, not there." I think to myself, what a great helper I have - he really is trying to help me find it.

Silly mommy. After ten minutes of searching, he walks to the other side of the room and picks up a cup he had left on his play stove. He dumps the quarter in his hand and says, "here mommy. quarter right here." My sneaky little boy knew where it was all along. Ah, the joys of having an almost 3-year old. And in a short time, I will have two more mischief makers working against me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review...and a Giveaway!!!

I was lucky enough to win an ARC of When the Rogue Returns  from Sabrina Jeffries herself! I couldn't wait to read it.  After reading the first book in The Duke's Men series, What the Duke Desires , I was excited to see that this next book was about Victor Cale. In  When the Rogue Returns , Victor Cale is headed to Scotland to investigate a woman, Sofie Franke.  He has his suspicions that this woman is actually Isabella, his wife who disappeared on him ten years before.  He has spent the last decade searching to bring her to justice after she stole the royal jewels and left him to behind to deal with the authorities.  Isabella Cale, now known as Sofie Franke, has built a new life for herself and her ten-year old daughter after her husband ran off with the royal jewels. Are you intrigued yet? Victor and Isa's first meeting was great! Both blame the other for the missing jewels, and both are greatly suspicious of the other's motives.  Despite their renewed feel

Enjoy the little things...

The music filled my head as I drove my car along the winding river road on that dark and snowy night.  I had just left my grandpa's wake and was headed home... alone.....  My husband had the stomach flu, we had moved into our new house the day before my grandpa passed, and I was 5 1/2 months pregnant.  The baby boy inside me kicked along with the song, as I cried and listened to the words. Mama told me when I was young Come sit beside me, my only son And listen closely to what I say. And if you do this It will help you some sunny day. Take your time... Don't live too fast, Troubles will come and they will pass. Go find a woman and you'll find love, And don't forget son, There is someone up above. I've always found comfort in songs... the words of the artists resonating with me through even my darkest times. Lynyrd Skynyrd's Simple Man is one of those songs that just happens to play on the radio at the precise moment that I need a remind

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

The countdown to Hallowe'en begins! Please note this is not the actual number of days until Hallowe'en. The picture was taken two days ago. The house is totally decorated, although I still could use a few more things ;) One of the cool new decorations I bought this year are these Halloween Pumpkin Wall Decals from Kohls.  I love them!  My structured, OCD self feels the mantle is too cluttered, but the spooky side of me just doesn't care. ;) How do you decorate for Hallowe'en?