I'm late in this because, well, I just found out about it today! But it seems fun, and I've been in a bit of a blogging rut, so why not?!
June 1-- Why are you doing this challenge?
I am doing this blog challenge, because 1 - like I said above, I've been in a blogging rut and haven't been posting as often as I'd like, and 2 - because it sounds fun!
June 2-- Post a picture of you smiling.
|This is me and Keira Princess Rose ;)|
June 3-- 15 interesting things about yourself.
- I didn't find out I was pg with twins until the 20 week ultrasound.
- I danced in the 1996 New Year's Day Parade in London, England.
- I collect purses and silver rings.
- I can knit, cross-stitch, and crochet, yet I never have time to do so.
- I named my cat, Mina, after Mina Harker from Bram Stoker's Dracula
- I've been obsessed with reading since before I was in kindergarten.
- I have three tattoos.
- Some of my closest friends are people that I've never met in real life.
- I recently ate a cricket at the zoo. (On purpose. It was in a dip.)
- I seriously thought that I might die after eating the cricket because it's the grossest thing I've ever done.
- I want to be a published author.
- I work in the higher education field.
- I used to write poetry like a fiend.
- I will give up housework if it means I can read.
- I'd like to go back to school for another Masters degree, but there is no time!
June 4-- Meaning behind your blog name.
After the twins were born, I had a hard time scrapbooking and keeping track of things that were happening in my children's lives. Blogging allowed me to do this more easily. When I started the blog, I wanted it to reflect what life was really like for a working mom who had 3 kids in less than 2 years. Life was (and still is) chaotic, but it's important to embrace the chaos rather than fight it if you want to make it out alive.
June 5-- Short term goals for this month and why those goals.
Short term goals include organize the office and post 5 pieces of jewelry on etsy.
June 6-- Nicknames you have & why you have them.
I don't have any normal nicknames. Just odd ones with odd stories to go with:
My dad started calling me "Swa" when I was little. It actually makes no sense - Sarah means "Princess" in Hebrew, and so somehow he came up with calling me Swahili Princess, and over time that was shortened to Swa. (See, makes no sense. But when you think about how my dad nicknamed Colin "Bud" because he calls Keira "Rose" -her middle name-, you can see how odd my father is. Get it? He calls the twins "Rose Bud".)
Sometimes my sister calls me "Frank". And that's an even odder story! ;)
June 7-- Picture of something that makes you happy.
|These three little stinkers make me SO happy!|