Welcome to week two of Organize Me Monday!
This week, I'm focusing on cleaning....
- Create a daily, weekly, and monthly list of what needs to be done. In addition, add yearly things, such as specific things you do every spring, fall, etc.
- Clean one room or do one specific daily item every day. This will save you from spending your entire weekend cleaning.
- Use a multi-purpose cleaner, one that you can carry from room to room. I am going to start making my own cleaner -
- All Purpose Wipes (these wipes work like Lysol wipes, but are homemade and healthier for your home)
- Buy some cotton fabric or reusable dish cloths
- Tightly fold or roll your reusable cloths and place in an air-tight container (a clean glass spaghetti jar works well).
- In a separate container, mix your favorite natural cleaning solution. Try these simple recipes:
- 1 Cup water, 1 Cup vinegar and 15 drops of Tea Tree Oil or Lemon Oil
- 2 Cups water, 1 Cup vinegar, ¼ Cup lemon juice and 5 drops Orange essential oil.
- Pour your mixture over your cloths until soaked.
- Use cloths as needed. Cover tightly between use.
- Wash and reuse cloths by placing used cloths in the top rack of a dishwasher (normal cycle).
- Spend 15-20 minutes every night cleaning up the house. I try to start this while the kids are still up, so that they can help me and work on their picking up skills. It doesn't always work out well, and on school nights, I'd rather get them into bed (since they get up so early in the morning).
- Do one load of laundry every day or every other day. I am HORRIBLE at this! I hate laundry, so I save it for the weekend, then I have a ton of folding to do. This week, I am going to start doing a load every other day to see if it helps the weekend problem.
- Make your bed every day. This is something I am pretty good at, but I do skip it on the mornings I am short on time.