Friday, June 22, 2012

When I Grow Up...

June 22nd - When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

When I was little, I wanted to be a cheerleader when I grow up.

It's true, it's in my baby book.

However, if you know me at all, I'm not really the peppy cheer-leading type.

I was a pom in high school though.
You did have to be a little peppy, but I perfected the art of a fake smile.
Plus I got to dance which I LOVED!

********************************* 
For a long time (even now)

I thought I should be a librarian.

Then I could sit and read all day.
***********************************
In high school, I wanted to be a teacher for the deaf.

I even went to college for it.

Somewhere along the way, I realized that wasn't the right route for me.

Instead I received my B.S and M.A in History.
 *************************************
I taught college a little, but again, not the right fit.

I did find my calling in higher education, just not teaching.

Rather, I'm "behind the scenes" as I like to call it.

Helping students realize their dreams 

and working at a community college in Student Development.

 

 

 
Post a Comment