Today's challenge is to list 15 tips for you,
my readers, to get through life.
- Let go. 99% of the things you are worrying about today will not matter in a year or two.
- LAUGH. Then laugh some more.
- Put your children first. They are a blessing and deserve the world.
- Don't drive like an idiot. (Advice I wish I could have imparted to the asshat who drove off the road to get around the other 10 cars waiting to turn because she was too impatient to wait.)
- Smile when you answer the phone. The person on the other end will notice.
- Treat others as you would treat your parents. With respect.
- Find time for yourself. Schedule it in your planner and keep the appointment.
- Exercise. (Take a walk around the block if that's all you have time for.)
- Go outside your comfort zone, even just a little. (Recently I ate a cricket (not live) and touched a cockroach.)
- Use sunblock.
- Put down the phone. Walk away from the computer. (On weekends, I don't check my email or facebook. I go off the radar and am only available if you call or stop by.)
- Ask people how they are doing, then listen intently to the answer.
- Laugh again.
- Make a list of everything you want to do before you die. (I made mine when I was 17 way before bucket lists were the in-thing to do. I still have it and update it every so often.)
We should all do what,
in the long run,
gives us joy,
even if it is only picking grapes
or sorting the laundry.