I'm splitting my fears into two categories:
Rational fears, and then the ones that make my husband call me weird.
- Death. Kids, husband, family, friends, myself. One of my biggest fears.
- Car accidents. Which lead to death.
(See item one.)
- That something bad will happen to my kids.
(I still check them at night to see if they are breathing, and plan to do that forever.)
- That someone will rob our house.
Or that it will catch fire while we aren't home, and everything is lost.
- That I will be kidnapped in a parking lot
and then raped, mutilated, and killed by a serial killer.
(This may stem from reading way too many serial killer biographies
and true life FBI profiler books in high school.
- Spiders. I actually consider this a rational fear. My husband does not.
(Although I have a feeling it's because he is actually afraid of spiders.
When I ask him to come kill one, it takes him for.ev.er.)
- Bugs and creepy crawly things in general.
(One time there was a huge centipede on our wall. Like cockroach size huge.
And we get earwigs and silverfish in our lower level family room.
Freaks me out.)
- That the back door is not locked when we go to sleep.
Again, rational to me, weird to my husband.
(Something about me being OCD and checking the deadbolt 3 times....And then, when we are in bed, he plays a mean trick on me by saying,
"Are you sure the back door is locked?"
Knowing that I just HAVE to get out of bed and check again.
Ok, maybe that one isn't so rational...)