Skip to main content

The Ninja

I had no idea we had a ninja living in our house.  Colin sneaks in and out of rooms in the early morning so quickly, you don't know he is standing right beside you (or in front of you) until it's too late.

The other morning, at 5 a.m., he woke up in his toddler bed, and called for me.  I went in, gave him his lovey, and told him to go back to sleep.  He said ok.  Minutes later, I sensed a presence standing next to the bed.  Kind of creepy. We laid in bed while Keith went into the bathroom to get ready.  I heard just the slight crinkling of sheets, and opened my eyes to see Colin, sliding off the bed and running out.

Yesterday morning, I went to get him up for school.  Imagine my surprise (and small heart attack), when I noticed his bed was empty.  Keith had opened the gate that goes downstairs, and the silent ninja had snuck down two levels of stairs without anyone noticing.

This morning, Keith and I were downstairs eating breakfast.  The only clue was a series of sneezes.  Without that alert, we wouldn't not have known Colin was joining us for breakfast.

That kid needs some sort of lovey that has bells attached.


Popular posts from this blog

The Tree of Life

My name is Sarah, and it's been 11 months since my last post. I've thought about it, but life is constantly getting in the way. I even made a goal this year to write more, but it really hasn't happened yet.  Until today. I went on Facebook this morning to check if there were any updates about the accident I saw on the way to work. Instead, I saw an obituary for a woman I've never met. But I know who she is. She received a kidney transplant a few months before I received mine. And according to her FB page, she had a difficult time leading up to transplant, a tough recovery, lots of additional illnesses and setbacks, and long hospital stays. I, on the other hand, never had dialysis, was on the transplant list for an unbelievable 5 months (the wait list is normally 5 YEARS), had a 3-day hospital stay, and other than not tolerating pain medication (so I could only take Tylenol which did nothing for the pain), I've been on my merry, healthy way for over 3 years.

Book Review: Sweet Tea and Spirits

Book: Sweet Tea and Spirits Author: Angie Fox Verity Long and her ghostly sidekick, Frankie, are on track for another adventure! The book starts out with Verity receiving a mysterious call from the Sugarland Historical Society, stating there was a murder. But how can there be a murder when no body is found? She enlists Frankie's help to investigate, which leads to a humorous and engaging story! The book is well-written, like the others in this series.  I enjoy reading cozy-mysteries, especially those that focus on the paranormal.  The author does a great job of creating funny characters with depth.  I definitely recommend this series, and do feel that the reader should start at book one. *I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Two Years

I wanted to write a moving and inspirational post about celebrating my two-year post-transplant milestone. (I also wanted to post a nice family picture, where everyone was looking at the camera, the twins did not have to be separated because they were hitting each other, the shorter boy on the right was not squeezing his brother's stomach too tightly, and I did not have a glowing bulb of sunlight shining brightly on my lady parts, but well... you know... that's life.) Instead I will share one of my favorite pictures of this day. We had wanted to do an outdoor autumn photo shoot with my family (grandparents included). It was scheduled for the end of September in Chicago. So of course, I bought (matching) long-sleeved shirts for the boys, had a pretty (color-coordinating) sweater picked out for my girl, Keith was going to wear his grey pullover, and I lovingly pulled out my tights and boots for what I thought was going to be a cool and beautiful fall day. It was 88 degrees