But here are just a few of the reasons that I love this time of year:
- Pumpkin coffee and lattes:
- Fall decorations:
- Candy corn (although Keith loves it more than me)
- How cute my kids look all dressed up (Oct 2008):
- The trees, as they go through their yearly ritual of change. Green leaves turn to bright orange, sunny golds, and deep auburn. They scatter the ground and create a beautiful sound under our feet as we walk.
- The cool breeze as it turns into a sharp wind, creating the need for jackets and scarves.
"Just before the death of flowers,
And before they are buried in snow,
There comes a festival season
When nature is all aglow."
"Even if something is left undone,
everyone must take time to sit still
and watch the leaves turn."